CALL FOR PAPERS
Presentations at RISE will focus on technologies within the nonwovens or peripheral industries that can be incorporated into short and mid-term technical strategies for product and process development. The goal of RISE is to bring to light new or novel technologies or technical solutions as well as concepts and ideas that sit at the forefront of development. The RISE audience consists of R&D personnel, technology scouts, product developers, and others responsible for the technology needs within their organizations.
Topics should be at least on a path to commercialization in a 1-3-year time horizon. Other topics including technology trends that may impact nonwoven markets are invited.
- Raw Materials
- Developments in polymer technology
- Sustainable materials development, or novel uses of existing renewables
- Fiber development or utilization
- Nano- and micro-fiber innovations
- Peripheral material technologies such as elastomeric materials, films, adhesives, etc.
- Market dynamics
- Equipment and Processing
- New processing technologies
- Novel processing techniques or combinations thereof
- New or novel converting processes
- Process control and optimization
- Product Related Technologies
- New or novel solutions for existing technical problems
- Use of composite materials as solutions
- Technologies specifically aimed at flammability, acoustic and thermal properties, moisture management
- New testing methodologies or equipment
- Global trends in standards regulations
- Medical and hygiene
- Geofabrics and building construction
- Smart materials
Authors interested in presenting at RISE 2020 on these or related topics should submit an abstract, high resolution speaker’s photo and bio, electronically using our online form. Abstract submissions should be 1-2 paragraphs in length, include contact information (phone and email), and contain information on the relationship of the presentation to new developments in engineered fabrics processing, markets, science, materials and applications.
Abstracts should be submitted no later than March 16, 2020, 5 pm ET.