Manager - Research & Development, Reifenhauser REICOFIL GmbH & Co. KG
2014 M.Sc. Polymer- and Textile Science
2015 - 2021 process engineer in R&D department; Reifenhäuser Reicofil
since 2021 manager for R&D projects; Reifenhäuser Reicofil
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Cost Efficient Sustainability and the Desire for Softness
Ready to use solution: Reicofil RF5
• With the RF5 platform Reicofil can provide high throughputs in combination with lowest defect rate for high productivity. That is the economical basement on which we built up our sustainable approach.
• Recyclability: one other effect of the low defect rates is a low scrap rate and in combination with inline recycling of edge trims and scrap rolls the waste during production is reduced to a minimum.
• One other benefit of RF5 is the possibility of producing fine Bico fibers for maximized specific tensile strength. This enables us the potential for downgauging of products with maintaining the product properties required in the market:
o Replacement of an 45 gsm medical product with 35 gsm (SMMS)
o Providing 6 gsm spunbond
• The newest machine generation is equipped with energy efficient components to provide the lowest specific energy consumption to reduce converting costs from the resin to final nonwoven.
• With the help of software applications RF5 can support a reproduceable production at a low defect level.
One step further: Softness at a new level: “XHL nonwoven”.
Approach: RF5 XHL technology:
• The XHL approach uses a special patented Bico fiber system. Two suitable resins are combined in a fiber in a new eccentric core/sheath cross-section to create optimal crimp at a reduced fiber size.
• Standard calendered webs use a bonding pattern with a distinct visual mark. The consolidation of the XHL technology is designed to create a web with a low visual impact. The product approaches a uniform visual appearance free of optical distortions. This consolidation improves the tactile properties of the nonwovens compared to standard pattern with higher impact to the web structure.
• The combination of these technical features allows us also XHL our downgauging approach: same product properties with lower basis weight.
• Inline recycling to reduce waste to a minimum. All resins are Polypropylene (PP) grades, allowing a simple and efficient inline recycling – compared to fabrics of PP/PE or PET/PE which are very difficult to recycle.
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Reifenhäuser Reicofil RF5 XHL
Reicofil XHL (Extra High Loft) is the game changer for a super soft and drapeable nonwoven offering an incomparable feel the nonwoven market has never seen before. The outstanding soft touch is unique and intended for use in the hygienic sector. XHL focuses on low basis weight and high thickness with the best visual appearance. High performance and efficient use of raw materials and energy ensure cost effectiveness and environmentally friendly production."